NCWCA MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
ABOUT THE MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
- In this first year of NCWCA’s Mentorship Program we will pair 5 experienced NCWCA members with 5 promising emerging Bay Area female-identifying artists, curators, art teachers, art historians, and/or aspiring gallerists. Mentor pairings will last 6 months.
- Specific mentorship goals can be determined by each pair, but will generally center around artistic critique, professional practices, goal-setting, networking, and the like.
- We believe that introducing emerging women artists to experienced role models will help the mentees visualize and achieve a rewarding career in the arts. Mentoring is a two-way street and our mentors will have lots to learn from the pairing as well.
- Emerging artists of all ages are invited to apply.
2019 NCWCA MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
After careful review of many worthy applications, Mentorship Committee members Marguerite Elliot, Angela Han and Sawyer Rose selected these mentors and mentees for NCWCA's inaugural Mentorship Program. Congratulations All!
Erica Gomez Henao
HOW TO APPLY
- THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN THE NCWCA MENTORSHIP PROGRAM. APPLICATIONS FOR 2018-2019 ARE NOW CLOSED. LOOK FOR OUR CALL FOR MENTORS & MENTEES FOR 2019-2020 LATER THIS YEAR.
- Mentors and mentees will complete a comprehensive questionnaire to identify areas of expertise and interest. Mentees will then be matched to best-fit mentors.
- Mentorship pairings will last 6 months. Mentorship pairs will meet in person at least once every two months and communicate via email or phone in between (unless we make any long-distance pairings which we’ll arrange on a case-by-case basis.)
- Mentor eligibility: You must be a current member of the Northern California Women’s Caucus for Art to apply as a mentor. You do not need to live in the Bay Area to apply, but as all of the mentees will live in the Bay Area, you must be comfortable enough with technology to work remotely with your partner.
- Mentee eligibility: You do not need to be a member of the Northern California Women’s Caucus for Art to apply as a mentee. You must currently reside in one of the 9 Bay Area counties (Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, Sonoma). If you are matched with a mentor who does not live in the Bay Area, you must be comfortable enough with technology to work remotely with your partner.
- Applications for both mentor and mentee roles will be accepted September 22 - November 2, 2018.
- Applicants will be notified of the status of their application in the second week of November.
- For more info or to submit your application form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.