NCWCA 2021 MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
ABOUT THE MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
- NCWCA’s Mentorship Program will pair 5 experienced NCWCA members with 5 promising emerging Bay Area female-identifying artists, curators, art teachers, art historians, and/or aspiring gallerists. Mentor pairings will last 6 months, from January to June 2021.
- Specific mentorship goals can be determined by each pair, but will generally center around artistic critique, professional practices, goal-setting, networking, and the like.
- We believe that introducing emerging women artists to experienced role models will help the mentees visualize and achieve a rewarding career in the arts. Mentoring is a two-way street and our mentors will have lots to learn from the pairing as well.
- Emerging artists of all ages are invited to apply.
NOTE: APPLICATIONS FOR 2021 WILL OPEN SEPTEMBER 20, 2020. DEADLINE IS NOVEMBER 20, 2020.
- Mentors and mentees will complete a comprehensive questionnaire to identify areas of expertise and interest. Mentees will then be matched to best-fit mentors.
- Mentorship pairings will last 6 months, from January to June 2021. Mentorship pairs will meet virtually via Zoom, FaceTime, or similar at least once every month and communicate via email or phone in between. There will also be a number of group meetings online so everyone in the Mentorship Program can get to know each other and exchange ideas.
- Mentor eligibility: You must be a current member of the Northern California Women’s Caucus for Art to apply as a mentor. You do not need to live in the Bay Area to be eligible.
- Mentee eligibility: You do not need to be a member of the Northern California Women’s Caucus for Art to apply as a mentee. Non-members must currently reside in one of the 9 Bay Area counties (Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, Sonoma). NCWCA members in good standing may apply no matter where they reside.
- Applications for both mentor and mentee roles will be accepted September 20 - November 20, 2020. There is no fee to apply.
- Applicants will be notified of the status of their application in the second week of December.
- For more info, please email email@example.com.